Blueberry Banana Bread Recipe
Banana bread doesn't have to be made just using bananas, you can also add other fruits. Sure the basic fruit for the banana bread will always be bananas but you can use lots of other fruits to add that extra twist to your recipe. So in this blueberry banana bread recipe
we will be adding - you guessed it - blueberries. We just tried this recipe a few days ago and the bread turned out great!
For This Blueberry Banana Bread Recipe You Will Need:
- 4-5 mashed ripe bananas
- 1 cup sugar (you can use less)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup shortening or vegetable oil
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 1 cup blueberries
1. First we need to preheat oven to 350 F (180C) and grease our loaf pan.
2. The process of making banana bread in this blueberry banana bread recipe is the same as with other recipes. You need a large bowl to mix sugar, shortening (or oil), and eggs. When they are mixed add mashed bananas and mix some more. Now it's time to add the dry ingredients. We gently mix in all the flour, salt, vanilla sugar and baking powder. Keep mixing until we get a fairly smooth and even mixture.
3. Now comes the blueberry part. Make sure your blueberries are washed and without any leaves and stuff like that. Now just gently mix them into the banana bread batter and you are done.
4. Pour the blueberry banana bread batter into the loaf pan and put the pan into the oven. It takes about an hour for banana bread to be baked. How do you know it's done? Stick a toothpick in the bread and if it comes out clean you are ready to eat. As soon as the bread cools down of course.
You can try a number of other fruits instead of blueberries. Try replacing blueberries in this recipe with blackberries, strawberries (cut them in smaller pieces) and even other fruits like peaches, apples, pineapple and others. Don't be afraid to try!